Highlights from today:
– Going to the post office on lunch. It feels like Christmas to get a package. Everyone in Nome picks up their packages at the post office, and it’s fun because everyone gets excited for everyone else when they get a package. 🙂
– picking up my new –30 degree down jacket! I will survive!
– holding the most adorable one-year old patient (can’t wait to see my nephews and nieces at thanksgiving!)
– 3 cups of coffee
– my encouraging coworkers
– going for a run on the beach in the bracing wind, and feeling small by the stormy waves.
– watching the waves splash up over the sea wall and the spray be whipped away in the wind
– the Bering Sea is not frozen over yet! I can’t imagine it ever being frozen over with these kinds of waves!
– Birds just hanging in the wind over the beach
– Masala curry and rice for dinner
– It’s 40 degrees and rainy! (I heard it’s snowing in Minnesota…)